What is VPN?
Eastman Computing provides support for remote access to University of Rochester network resources, some of which require a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection when accessing from off campus. Services requiring VPN include:
- Access to network drives, including all department drives, personal drives, H:, M:, and S: drives.
- Remote desktop or terminal server access
- Electronic course reserves, streaming audio, and certain other library resources
- Remote on-screen assistance with your Eastman laptop, provided by Computing staff
VPN is NOT required for access to ESM email, HRMS, or other University websites.
Follow the steps at the University IT website to install the VPN software, Cisco AnyConnect, on your computer or device. You must also be enrolled for Duo two-factor authentication in order to log in for VPN access. Once enrolled for Duo, select the appropriate instructions for your device from the list below:
- Eastman-provided Windows laptop
- Eastman-provided Mac laptop – install the AnyConnect app using Managed Software Center, then follow the connection instructions
Questions? Please contact Eastman Computing for technical support.