The Diversity Committee acts as a coordinator, a collaborator, and a promoter of Diversity-related events and resources available at Eastman, the River Campus, and in the greater Rochester area.
Within the Eastman community, the Committee’s initiatives include:
- Engaging students in a conversation about diversity and its relevance to their present and future lives,
- Offering faculty financial assistance to bring in guest lecturers of diverse backgrounds,
- Providing relevant educational opportunities and experiences,
- Assisting administrative efforts to cultivate an environment of thoughtful awareness and tolerance, and
- Encouraging a sense of community built on diverse individual strengths and shared experiences; one that is supportive of our current faculty, staff, and students, welcoming to future generations, and a source of pride for all who’ve ever been affiliated with the Eastman School.